Harmonicas & Stuff is the sole owner of the information collected on www.harmonicasandstuff.com. Harmonicas & Stuff collects information from our users at several different points on our Web site.
We request information from the user on our order form. A user must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer's orders only. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the user. Private billing information will be destroyed after the order has been processed. Harmonicas & Stuff does not sell or give away any information provided by the customer on any of these pages.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site.
Cookies are set on our site in order to track our customer's visits and how they use our site, in order to make improvements to the site usability. If users reject the cookie, they may still use our site. Cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Communications from the Site
On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the users wishes.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site. Such instance where private customer information forfeiture may be required is in cases of fraudulent transactions or stolen credit cards.
These are the instances in which we will share users' personal information:
- Third Party Intermediaries
- We use an outside company to process orders. This company does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- Service Providers
- We partner with other third parties to provide specific services. For example, Customer Drop ships to expedite shipping time and lessen the customer's wait on orders. When the user signs up for these particular services, we share names, or other contact information such as customer name, address, and telephone number, which is necessary for the third party to provide these services. No billing information is ever exchanged with these third party service providers. Information, such as credit card numbers, is never given to these separate entities. These third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- Credit Card Transactions
- The Checkout and Credit Card processing functions of this site are handled through a third party (Authorize Net), and all other policies regarding our website also apply to this process as well. The checkout process is conducted in a secure environment using SSL encryption to protect the data stream between your browser and the processing server. We use an outside company to process orders. This company does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- Business Transitions
- In the event Harmonicas & Stuff goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the users' personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
- Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the email or email us at [email protected] or the user may contact us toll free at 1-888-802-4277, or locally at (317) 861-8327 or mail to PO Box 346, Morristown, IN 46161 to opt-out.
- This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, Harmonicas & Stuff and www.harmonicasandstuff.com, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
This Web site takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the Web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just 'surfing'.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. Harmonicas & Stuff order computer is password protected and behind a firewall. Information theft is highly unlikely from both within Harmonicas & Stuff and outside our network. Only two Harmonicas & Stuff employees have access to our order computer. These employee's actions on the computer are tracked and each employee has a logon ID and password for maximum security. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information
If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users' personally identifiable information. Emailing our Customer Support, Chris Bowser can usually do this. Or, contact us toll free at 1-888-802-4277, or locally at (317) 861-8327 or mail us at 11683 N 100 E, Morristown, IN 46161
Notification of Changes
Harmonicas & Stuff
11683 N 100 E
Morristown, IN 46161
Local: (317) 861-8327
Toll Free: (888) 802-Harp(4277)
Email: Chris Bowser